Our green choices
In recent decades the print industry has made huge advances to become one of the only sustainable sectors on the planet, planting swaithes of new forest across Europe. Whitehall Printing was an early crusader of sustainable print, achieving FSC® Certification over ten years ago.
Whitehall Printing is now proud to maintain the internationally recognised ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Standard.
Here are just a few of the choices we've made to mitigate our environmental impact:
- We developed a low-energy facility where all areas of production are monitored to achieve on-going ISO efficiency targets.
- All waste products from chemicals and containers to ink rags and light bulbs are either disposed of responsibly or recycled by specialist firms.
- Paper stocks are sourced from well-managed FSC® forests with a fully traceable supply chain.
- We sponsor a local charity, the Forest of Avon Trust to help protect and develop both ancient and new forests across the South West UK.
- We encourage clients to reduce their carbon footprint by promoting the benefits of sustainably sourced and recycled papers.
- We support Bristol's Ride to Work bicycle scheme.
- To celebrate our fortieth anniversary, we planted forty trees in Bristol schools and local spaces.
Your green choices
Whitehall Printing are always keen to show our clients just how good recycled papers have become. In many cases these stocks are no more expensive and are equal in quality and performance. Why not ask us for a sample with your next quotation?
We only use vegetable-based inks in all our work. Our clients often like to communicate this fact with a short mention on their print.
Sustainable FSC® Papers
We offer an exclusive range of FSC® certified papers originating from sustainable well-managed forests and regulated to strict environmental, social and economic standards.
Only FSC certified suppliers like Whitehall Printing are authorised to print the well-known FSC tree symbol onto your printed goods - now recognised by half the British population. The symbol contains a special identifying code that allows the product's journey to be traced through multiple organisations in a 'Chain of Custody', right back to the forest it came from.
Watch this little film to see how choosing everyday FSC products can change the future of the world's forests: