Turn your fiction into reality…
Whitehall Printing offers full book production and bindery services from its low-energy, FSC certified premises in Bristol, UK. Our extensive range of machinery can help you to publish a mere handful of books, through to an entire library!
As commercial printers, evolved over four decades, we provide very high quality printing alongside a full in-house Bindery service, for beautifully finished books.
This soft cover option consists of either ‘signatures’ (grouped leaves) or individual leaves bound within a cover of a much heavier paper, glued together at the spine with a strong flexible glue; also known as ‘Perfect Binding’.
Our hardcover books have robust, rigid covers which are stitched along the spine. Looking from one end of the spine, the book can be seen to consist of a number of signatures (grouped pages) bound together.
- Round or flat back spine
- Special cover finishes such as Soft Touch ® or silver/gold foiling
- Dust jackets or printed paper cases (PPCs)
- Wibalin & fine linen cloths
- Printed & coloured endpapers
- Head & tail bands
- Ribbon markers
If your book has too few pages to be bound with a spine, it can be bound as a two-wire stapled booklet with a cover. This economical, light-weight option is similar to that of a standard magazine and can be used for a variety of sizes.
Popular book sizes available:
- B format UK 198 x 129mm
- B format US 203 x 127mm
- Demy 216 x 138mm
- A5 210 x 148mm
- Royal US 229 x 152mm
- Royal UK 234 x 156mm
- Pinched Crown Quarto 246 x 171mm
- Crown Quarto 246 x 189mm
- A4 297 x 210mm
All formats can be produced in portrait or landscape.
BOOK PRINTING OPTIONS
- Design & layout services
- Saddle stitch, perfect bound, burst bound, PUR bound, sewn bound & case bound
- Gloss, matt, silk or Soft Touch lamination
- Gold & silver foil blocking
- Spot gloss & matt UV varnishes
- FSC® and eco-friendly stocks